Terms of website use
Welcome to www.akilamps.com
We may update or amend these terms from time to time without notice. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website.
Accessing the website
As part of using the Website you may set-up an AKI lamp account using an e-mail address and password (Account Details). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account Details and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them.
We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Website and will not be responsible for losses suffered by you where your Account Details are used by someone else unless this is due to our negligence.
Please, notify our Customer Service email@example.com
immediately, if you become aware of or suspect any unauthorised use of your Account Details.
You confirm that:
- any information and details provided by you to us (including on registration) are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times; and
- you will at all times comply with these terms and conditions.
You agree that in using the Website you will not:
- use the Website for any unlawful purpose or in a way which infringes the rights of anyone else or restricts or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Website;
- use the Website in any way that interrupts, damages, impairs or renders the Website less efficient;
- impersonate any other person (living or dead), misrepresent your connection with a person or entity, or provide false or otherwise misleading information;
- transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs;
- authorise, encourage or assist any other person to, copy, modify, decompile, alter or otherwise tamper with any software (including source code), databases and other technology that forms part of the Website;
- penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Website's security measures; or
- email, publish or otherwise disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, or may have the effect of being harassing, threatening or abusive to an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability or that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the Website at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe you have breached any of the above restrictions or any other provision of these terms and conditions. This shall not limit our right to take any other action against you that we consider appropriate to defend our rights or those of any other person.
All rights in this Website, including copyright and moral rights, are owned by or licensed to AKI lamps. Any use of this Website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission.
All rights and intellectual property rights in or relating to any third party content, branding, logos and registered and unregistered trade marks are owned by such third parties or their licensors.
Availability, accuracy of content
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We make every effort to ensure that the website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer or mobile devices. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the Website. We will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer or mobile devices as a result of using this Website.
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
The images of products on this Website are illustrative only. The packaging may vary from that shown. The weights and dimensions are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colour of the products that appear on the Website. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your personal equipment, we cannot guarantee that your phone or monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the merchandise on delivery.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, AKI lamps disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website.
We are not responsible for the content of any off-website pages or any other websites linked to or from this Website. Links appearing on this Website are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement by us of the content, products, services connected therewith. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this Website, in any off-website materials, or in any linked websites.
We may provide links to other websites as part of the Website. We also like to interact with you on third party sites where we post content or invite your feedback, such as Facebook or Instagram ("Third Party Websites").
You acknowledge that:
- we do not control such Third Party Websites and are not responsible for their contents;
- we will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that you may enter into via such websites;
- we shall not be liable to you in respect of any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those websites; and
- you agree that you will not involve us in any dispute between you and the third party.
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
You have certain rights under law. These include that we will provide the Website with reasonable skill and care. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect these legal rights.
If we breach these terms and conditions we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering into these terms and conditions.
We are not responsible for:
- losses not caused by our breach;
If you are a consumer, you may make purchases of products and services on this Website for personal, domestic and non-commercial purposes. Contracts for the supply of goods or services made using our Website are on our Terms of Sale.
We may wish to transfer our rights or obligations or sub-contract our obligations under these terms and conditions to another legal entity. You agree that we may do so provided that this will not adversely affect the standard of the service you receive under these terms and conditions.
In the case of transfer only, after we notify you of the date on which we will transfer our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another legal entity, your only rights under or in connection with these terms and conditions will be against the new legal entity and not against us.
These terms and conditions are personal to you. You may not transfer your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions to anyone else.
Last revision: October 2021.